timsellers.net/blog

part of me wants to break down barriers, set people free and make the world a better place
a bigger part of me wants to sit on the sofa, drink tea and play through old Nintendo games

Navigation

Home (latest post and selection from archives)

Archives (by month and category)

Feed (RSS)

About

I rant about current events here.
I discuss the problems of religion here.
I write about personal stuff . . . elsewhere . . .
This is just a blog about my everyday life (see the Introductory post for details).

Recent comments

Hopefully this message will find... read all
24.01.2012 by lee hardy, 10:55pm
They were great times despite... read all
06.11.2010 by Gav, 8:18pm

b3ta
Bloggerheads (temp)
Bloggerheads
Scaryduck
Pub philosopher
Insignificant thoughts
Just a girl in the world
A slice of cherry pie
The Sharpener
Green house by the sea
Stupid evil bastard
Stairway to hell
CSSplay
A nice cup of tea and a sit down
Ministry of truth
Obsolete
Jesus and Mo
xkcd
spEak You're bRanes

Comments by
Blogkomm - pop up free comments without a database

Rest by me.

27/08/09 : Chicken Korma

All the recipes I could find for this were completely different so I thought I'd start from scratch. It works - the spices seem right, the garlic and ginger work well together as do the coconut and yogurt, but I do think it's missing something. Or maybe I just like my curries with a bit more kick.

Korma ingredients 2 chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
a small onion, finely diced (or pureed)
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
same amount of chopped ginger
2 red chillis, de-seeded and chopped small
a level tsp each of ground cumin, corriander and tumeric
200ml coconut milk
150ml natural yogurt (not low fat!)
heaped tbsp ground almonds

Korma cooking Stir fry the chicken over a fairly high heat until cooked through, then remove (put some rice on at this point, it'll take just under 15 minutes). Add a little more oil then fry the onion for a minute or so, then add the garlic, ginger and chilli, then the spices. Add the chicken, coconut milk and almonds. As soon as it starts bubbling, turn the heat right down and stir in the yogurt. Let it simmer away gently, stirring occasionally, while the rice finishes cooking.

Serves two. (Note - don't be put off by the fact that it looks like a Vesta Chicken Curry).

Chicken Korma

Posted by Tim at 10:56 [ permalink ]
Categories: Food and drink
Comments [ hide comments ]
And swilled down with nothing less than a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - oh, very well played, sir.
Ben, 27.08.2009, 6:40pm #
And very nicely it (they) went down too!
Tim, 27.08.2009, 6:50pm #
It is a god amongst ales, no doubt. Have you checked out the stuff Sainsburys are flogging in their beer competition?

The William Bros IPA is a bit good.
Ben, 27.08.2009, 8:31pm #
I hadn't, thanks for the tip.
Hows things with you BTW?
Tim, 27.08.2009, 10:01pm #
Yeah good thanks mate - my degree's going well as I enter the final year, I got a grant to do a research project at the uni over the summer so I'm well set for my dissertation, been studying parasite growth in copepods (we tackle the big questions). Life is otherwise proceeding in a quiet but pleasant way. How's about you, everything good?
Ben, 29.08.2009, 9:25pm #

New comments disabled due to spam

Previous post |  Home |  Archive index  | Next post ]